Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fashion Missteps at The Golden Globes

Some folks just need a come to Jesus meeting when it comes time for an awards show. Time and time again there are folks who just cant get it right and then there are folks who usually get it right and then forget to make that oh so important left turn at Albuquerque. I lot of folks got it right this year but let me just point out a few that didnt.

Take for instance Cameron Diaz. I know one thing she wont be bringing back this year...Justin.
She looks like she got attacked by a disgruntled costume designer for Gone With the Wind. There are more ruffles on that thing than at southern cotillion...and get some bronzer already for the love of Mike!























I love me some Meryl Streep...however she was looking extra frumpy last night. Exhibit A clearly shows her wearing a large sack with some twine wrapped around it. As for her makeup, she needs to get the makeup team from The Devil Wears Prada on retainer, cause the patch and spackle job they did for her on that film was flawless.






















Then there is Vanessa Williams who Dia lovingly referred to as The Cowardly Lion. I don’t know, it looks like she got a hold of one of Beyonce's old "Work it Out" wigs to me. Lets not even discuss that fur. I mean honestly she is beautiful and all that extra hair and fur are just doing way too much.





















Speaking of Beyonce, homegirl's homage to Flavor of Love was just disturbing. By the way chica you can lay off the grease, you are going to the Golden Globes not the Golden Gloves. There is just no reason to be that shiny and slippery looking. themakeupgirl wanted to smack her, but I told her all that grease would just make her slide off.

3 comments:

Ashburnite said...

holy hell...Cameron needs to get out in the sun once in a while. my gawd. and ruffles? ick.

and is it just me, or does Beyonce just keep wearing different versions of the same over-the-top dress?

Anonymous said...

Beyonce looked just awful! It is a classy event, Beyonce - you have to start channelling glamour. She really is screaming for attention with that dress and I think at an event like the Golden Globes, it is about understatement.

Glib Gurl said...

ROFLMAO! All your comments are on-point! *lol*