Monday, August 21, 2006

Besame Cosmetics







A few weeks ago I got an email invitation from Besame Cosmetics to try out some of their products. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of new beautiful cosmetics, but Besame isn't just another pretty face on the cosmetics block.

Gabriela Hernandez has created a fabulous line of cosmetics that are sure to become a big seller. First, let me tell you that Ms. Hernandez has the best marketing I have ever seen in cosmetics. The box came filled with beautiful packaging. The red and gold bag held the most elegant box containing a sample of their "warm" collection. A slim golden cylinder beautifully decorated with the same signature flowers was the first thing I spied. The very 1930's packaging was a treat for the eyes, but the chocolate kiss, a deep red-brown shade, lipstick sold me immediately. Its designed so that you can use it as a lip liner and lipstick.












I used the contoured tip to line, and applied the lipstick with the flat surface. I have to say I felt very "Old Hollywood" applying it. The formula is rich and creamy without being heavy. A little goes a long way and it stayed with me most of my work day even after my banana! I then moved on to the translucent powder which is sheer enough for everyday and not at all cakey. It also comes in a very retro powder box with its own cute puff.











In addition there was a little blush compact in sun kissed that looked just like an engraved pill box. Its surprise was the hidden mirror in the lid and its satiny finish.











Needless to say I have been using them all week and I can't wait so see what else they offer. The website offers trial sizes for a reduced amount so you can grab plenty of goodies. I highly recommend these products and trust me you will not be disappointed. I am on the quest for their lip glaze to give my chocolate kiss lipstick that movie star glamour. So what are you waiting for?? Get some already!!

No comments: